Tuesday, May 2, 2006

Play List

Today's "run" was 2.5 miles on the treadmill. I say run in quotations because calling what I did running would require a large stretch of the imagination. I ran an average 18:00 min/mile pace. I am babying my knee. It actually felt fine after getting loosed up for the first 1.5 miles, and I really didn't want to stop. But I wasn't going to push my luck!

It does have me a little worried about Saturday, but I never intended to try for a fast time. My goal is simply to finish the race. I want to cross the finish line unassisted. And I don't care if I do it on all fours.

I ended up having an unexpected day off from work today and I spent the afternoon finalizing my play list for the race. I think I have it all set, but I'm open to suggestions if anyone has any fast, up beat songs they like.

Here it is:

(And I am already well aware of the fact that I have tripped out taste in music!)

Old Time Rock n Roll by Bob Seger
Nothing But the Tail Lights By Clint Black
Bitch by Meredith Brooks
Fight For Your Right by the Beastie Boys
TNT by ACDC
Move This by Technotronic
Hollaback Girl by Gwen Stefani
I Hate Myself for Loving You by Joan Jett
Addicted to Love by Robert Palmer
Pump Up the Jam by Technotronic
We Will Rock You by Queen
Highway to Hell by ACDC
Rump Shaker by Wreckx-N-Effect
Whip It by Devo
Humpty Dance by Digital Underground
It's Tricky by Run DMC
I Love Rock n Roll by Joan Jett
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap by ACDC
Unbelievable by EMF
Tubthumping by Chumbawamba
Push It by Salt n Peppa
Sharp Dressed Man by ZZ Top
Get This Party Started by Pink
Bust A Move by Young MC
Walk This Way by Run DMC
Shoot to Thrill by ACDC
Another One Bites the Dust by Queen

I tried it out while I was running today, and it is a good thing that it isn't warm enough to have the windows open yet. With running so slow, it took very little effort. So, I was singing along at the top of my lungs. But I had my ear phones on, so all anyone would have been able to hear was my screeching renditions minus accompanying music. A singer I am not!!

Just one more training run to go......

No comments:

Post a Comment