Sunday, June 23, 2013

Week 6: Run Recaps

Tuesday
This was my first run at the Y, and I ran 3 miles on the treadmill.  I'm hesitant to go back to my current shoes so I was sporting an old pair.  When I was done my ankles were sore but they didn't actually hurt.  My knee, on the other hand, was talking to me - but what can I expect running in shoes that are more than 10 years old?  (Before their recent resurrection, they had been relegated to my "emergency shoes" that I always carry in the back in my car just in case I have to walk a long distance unexpectedly.)

Thursday
Today's run was a 4 miler at the Y. I decided to give another old pair of shoes a try, and I'm happy to report that my ankles were completely pain free. My knee wasn't thrilled by the end of the run, but it definitely didn't hurt as much as it did on Tuesday, either. Of course, the shoes I wore don't have quite as many miles on them, either.

Friday
Today was another 4 miler at the Y, only I decided to give my current running shoes another go.  I tried to pay attention to them while I was running, and I've come to the conclusion that running with them feels like they are forcing my feet to roll out so I'm running more on the outer portion of my feet.  My ankles were hurting a little during and after the run, and I think if I keep running in them I'll end up right back where I was a few weeks ago.  So, it looks like its time to buy some new shoes.  Of course, with these shoes my knee felt a-okay.  If it's not one thing it's another.

Saturday
I logged 3 miles on the treadmill in an old pair of shoes, and once again my knee was killing me when I was done but my ankles were fine.  My plan is to alternate my shoes to spread out the aches and pains that each of them seem to cause until I can make it out next week to buy some new ones.

Sunday
Today was a little cross training by way of another hike. Due to time constrains, I once again hiked the Wind Cave Trail since it is the closest one to where I live. I'm not going to lie and say it was easy, but it definitely felt a lot better than it did 5 weeks ago. I guess I'm slowly starting to get in better shape.

I didn't take many photos this time, but here is one of me at the start of the hike...



Fundraising: $25 donated - thanks Tabitha!

No comments:

Post a Comment