Thursday, September 10, 2015

Feeling Frustrated

Bikram Yoga is hard.  I know it, and expect it.  So, when I fall out of a pose due to poor balance or can't hold a pose the entire time due to muscle weakness, it might irritate me that my fitness level isn't what I want it to be but it doesn't specifically frustrate me.

What frustrates me is not being able to give the class my all due to external factors, and that has been the case the past two classes.  I don't know what is causing it but I've been finding myself struggling with the heat recently, and I've had to sit down several times because I'm feeling dizzy.  As a result, I'm not working as hard as I would like to be during the classes and I'm feeling very frustrated over it.

I need to figure out what is causing it and try to rectify it!  I did a little reading and found something that suggested it could be a sign of dehydration.  That would make sense because I did drink less water before the last few classes.  I'm going to make sure I get my 8 glasses of water in before class and see if it helps.  I keep half expecting to get sick, as that has always been the case in the past with my running.  I'd have several sucky runs in a row and then I'd end up getting sick a few days later.

Regardless, this seriously needs to stop!

1 comment:

  1. Hope the better hydration helps! Any yoga is a benefit.

    ReplyDelete