Tuesday, September 5, 2006

Vacation - Part Two

View Part One or continue on for Part Two....


Day 3 started out with a breakfast of blueberry pancakes and sausage cooked over the fire. Yum!










Then we set out for our day of hiking at Tahquamenon Falls. We drove to the lower falls where we parked our car, and walked around to all the different viewing areas.


We then set off on the "moderate level" 4 mile trail to view the upper falls.

Where we ducked under fallen trees,

and climbed over others.

We walked down a bunch of stairs,

And up a bunch of stairs.








For a hiking time of just over 2 hours, so that we could see the upper falls, but blogger apparently does not want you to see them because I have been trying for 2 days to upload a picture and it will not let me.

After wandering around to the different viewing areas, we decided it was time for the hike back to the car. We opted for an easy 4 miles back along the road instead of taking the trail. Over all, we hiked about 10 miles total. My ankle held up just fine, but my knee was talking to me a little bit by the end. Plus I ended up with a pretty nasty blister on my heel, but all in all it was a good day. We got back home, went out for dinner, and then fell into bed for a good night's rest.

to be continued...

2 comments:

  1. My feets and knees just hurt by reading about the hiking. Owwww!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Firefly! Sounds like fun though!

    ReplyDelete