Monday, May 1, 2006

Am I Crazy?

I'm starting to get a little concerned about the fact that my right leg has been bothering me for the past week.

It started last Monday with my hamstring feeling a little tight and sore. I couldn't really explain it, but figured maybe it was lingering from Friday's long run (even though it felt fine all weekend). I tried stretching some and icing it, and I figured it would be gone the next day.

It wasn't.

Then the outside of my right knee started in along with my lower back on the right side. Ok, now that's weird, but I'm still sure it'll be fine in a day or two.

Friday's run came along and I was slightly worried, but figured I'd just see what happened. My hamstring had two little twinges of a weird feeling. Not even tight or painful. Just different. But at no point did anything hurt. Ok great.

Fast forward to Friday night. Not so great. My hamstring was no longer hurting, but my outer knee was killing me. It almost felt like it was going to buckle under me if I put too much weight on it.

By the time I woke up on Saturday morning, it was feeling pretty much ok again. I wanted to see how it would feel, so I ran a nice slow and easy 2 miles on my treadmill, and the outer knee started in again.

I took yesterday off and in general it didn't feel too bad. Not normal, but not too bad.

Now today, my INNER knee, and right quad are hurting. Say what?

I've decided that I'm crazy. I have a wandering pain induced by my nervousness over the upcoming race. That is my diagnosis.

Or else my leg is going to fall off by Saturday.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about you injury or anxiety!! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete