Thursday, January 12, 2006

Lazy Runner

I am a lazy runner. Yes, I know - that sounds like an oxymoron, but it is the truth. I usually run 3-4 miles, at a 12 or 13 minute pace, just often enough to keep from growing out of my current wardrobe. I rarely push myself, so I really didn't know how far I could go if I pushed myself to my limit. Today was the day to find out. The answer is 7 miles. That is my current max out point. The point where my legs refuse to go one more step, my lungs feel like they are on fire, and the blisters get the better of me. That doesn't seem too bad to me - I'm half way there. I even managed to make 56 cents along the way. (I didn't really need the change - but I did need the 10 second break to catch my breath while I stopped to pick it up!) Note to self: bring kleenex on all future runs! Anyone looking for a stock tip - I suggest ibuprofen. I have a feeling I am going to be buying a lot of it in the coming months!

No comments:

Post a Comment