Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Need a New Schedule

My current running schedule is simple - run when I have time, skip it when I don't. That's not going to cut it if I am going to be running 13.1 miles in 3 1/2 short months from now. I'm going to have to make running more of a priority. So, to start off on my new path I set my alarm for the god awful hour of 7:00 am this morning. I realize to most normal people that is a reasonable time to get up. For some, it would even be considered sleeping in. But for me, it felt like the middle of the night. So, I drug myself out of bed at about 7:20 - I had to hit snooze a few times - and put on my running shoes before I had time to think about what I was about to do. It was dark, cold, and raining outside, which was a little much for me to deal with, so I opted not to train outside today. Instead, I got on my treadmill and proceeded to run 4 very long, very tiring miles. I have to hand it to the people who get up every morning at the crack of dawn to exercise. My body doesn't seem to fully start moving until at least noon. I always have a hard time if I try to get moving before then. But in honor of my new commitment, I did it. I don't think I'm going to make this morning thing my new habit - only on days when I won't have time at a decent hour of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment