Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Scary Stuff

Today's run was an uneventful 4 miles on the treadmill while I finally got around to watching the second half of The Waterboy. That only took the first half of the run, so I watched the beginning of Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, also. I haven't been on the treadmill in a while, and I really didn't find it too enjoyable. For some reason, I always run much slower on the treadmill and it always take longer. It took me just under an hour to run the 4 miles. I keep trying to figure out why and I just can't seem to reason it out. When I run outside, I do try to push off more to help propel myself forward, but I don't see how that can account for a 2 - 3 minute per mile pace difference.

Thursday's run is 12 miles, and I'm starting to get nervous. Or scared out of my mind might be a more appropriate description. After I crashed and burned on 11 miles last week I have myself psyched out. I'm afraid I won't make it. I keep trying to think back to the 10 mile run that felt so good. But I supposed that is part of what scares me, how one run can feel so great and the next could feel so horrible. What happens if the half-marathon day is one of those horrible ones? Am I mentally ready to run through 13.1 miles of pain and misery if it ends up being a bad run?

To top it off, I signed up to run the Chicago Marathon today. I'm worrying about 12 miles, and I just signed up to run 26.2! What is wrong with me? Wait.....don't answer that!

1 comment:

  1. Michelle--everybody who knows you will be pulling for you, but have to admit I'd be scared too. To finish is to be a winner, no matter what the time.

    Vera Ecker

    ReplyDelete