Saturday, June 15, 2013

OMG, I Could Kiss You

When I started out on this training journey, I had it in the back of my mind that I was going to purchase a treadmill in the near future.  However, my ankles have become a growing concern and the need for a variety of crossing training options has overruled the convenience of having a treadmill at home.

I did a little research and learned that there is a YMCA 2.5 miles from my rental house.  So, I went in today to sign up.  

There were multiple membership options available for families, couples, students, seniors, individuals, etc.  There were two different single adult options listed, depending on age: "young adult" from 18 - 27 and "adult" from 28 - ?? (I can't remember the upper limit before the senior option kicked in).  I wanted to make sure that I was understanding the options correctly, so I pointed to the adult option and said, "this is the rate that would apply if I sign up with just me, right?"  The worker said, "well, probably the young adult" and pointed to that one on the list, and then said something like, "at least I think that's where you would be."  I laughed and said that I was out of that one by more than 10 years, to which the employee responded with shock and disbelief.

OMG, dear YMCA employee, I COULD KISS YOU!

After that, how could I not sign up for a membership?

A little flattery will get you everywhere.


In other exciting news, I spent my morning at a Team in Training Fundraising Bootcamp, where I got psyched up to embark on my fundraising campaign!  So, be watching your mailboxes and inboxes for more details coming soon.  If you are so excited to join me on this incredible journey that you just can't wait that long, you can click on that link over there to donate now.  ------>

No comments:

Post a Comment