Sunday, June 30, 2013

Week 7: Run Recaps

Well, this is another easy recap post to write because I once again didn't do any of my runs.

Ugh.

I'll spare you the boring, whiny details but my job has been frustrating and stressful for the past 6 months or so, and the past two weeks it has been kicked into overdrive. I am so bad about letting stress get to me and affect my life outside of work.  Last week I managed to keep myself together and stay on track but this week I let it get the better of me.  So, instead of running on Tuesday I made a date with a book and some junk food.

By the time my work week was over and Thursday rolled around I was ready to face my runs, but then my hip starting giving me problems and I was worried about running and making it worse.  My right hip has given me issues for years when I go from sitting to standing.  It's hard to describe but it is like it catches and won't release my leg into a straight position, but it never hurts.  This past week it has gotten a lot worse where I'm noticeably limping not only when I first get up but often when I try to walk, and it is quite painful.  It seems to be getting worse instead of better, so I'm not quite sure what to make of it.

I seriously feel like I am falling apart and have felt that way for years!  I read about runners who are 60, 70, 80 and have been running all of their lives.  I haven't even hit 40 yet and I feel like I just need put out to pasture.

Sigh.

Oh well, tomorrow is a new day and a new week.

No comments:

Post a Comment