Sunday, November 19, 2023

The COVID Vaccine Strikes Again!

I have stayed up to date on my COVID vaccines since they first became available. The first series knocked me on my butt but the boosters haven't been too bad.

Until this year's!

Man oh man! I got my shot a week ago Friday. I felt like crap all day Saturday and most of Sunday. Even after I felt mostly back to normal, I have had a weird lingering pain in my ankles while walking. I didn't think it was smart to push my limits and try to run while I was feeling like that, so I've had an unintentionally long break from the comeback. I REALLY want to be able to continue running indefinitely so I'm being overly cautious and taking it slow.

The catch is not too take it so slow that I stall out and unintentionally quit again!

Because I've been known to do that. A valid reason for a break goes on too long and turns into an excuse to be lazy, and before I know it a week or two off turns into a month or two and then I just never come back to it.

My ankles are starting to feel better, though. I did a lot of walking yesterday and they were only bothering me a little compared to what they were before. It's odd because it only hurts while I am walking, not as soon as I stop, even if I am standing.

This year I got the Moderna vaccine, while all the rest were Pfizer. I'm wondering if that's what caused the stronger reaction this time. Regardless, I'm mostly just popping on to say I'm still here and haven't quit yet! And to keep myself in the habit of blogging since I'm trying to get myself back into the swing of it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment