Friday, November 3, 2023

Scooby Dooby Doo, Where Are You?

So, I did sign up for the Scooby Doo Challenge. I have always loved Scooby Doo and I think the challenge is just enough motivation to keep me running so I can find out what is next along the course. It lets you set your own finish time frame so I picked 13 weeks as my goal (February 1, 2024). That works out to an average of 3.85 miles/week, which seems very doable. Even if my knees don't let me increase my distances very much, I think I should be able to do a mile or two a few times a week. I'm only counting running miles toward the challenge to keep me true to my actual goal of trying to get back into running.

Today was the first day I've been back on the treadmill since Tuesday. It was a crazy work day so I came home and took a short nap. I didn't have much ambition when I woke up. However, I'm really trying to make some positive changes in my life and I knew I'd feel better mentally if I got on the treadmill than if was lazy all evening. So, I told myself I only had to run 1 mile. Giving myself permission to stop after making a small effort is often the push I need to get myself to do something I'm not in the mood to do, and most of the time I end up doing more. Today I ran 1.77 miles. There was nothing eventful about the run, except knocking out one of my airpods and sending it flying when it landed on the treadmill. It took me a little bit to get going since I wasn't necessarily feeling it, but once I got going all was well.

Here are the splits, etc from my watch (Again, I doubt the accurracy. How about if we just let that be a forgone conclusion about every indoor run going forward, shall we?):

No comments:

Post a Comment