Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Another Run Done

Halfway through my work day yesterday I was full of energy and was planning on coming home to hop on the treadmill, but by the time the day actually ended I was completely exhausted. Instead, I ended up coming home and sitting in my recliner, staring at my phone until it was late enough to go bed and stay asleep until morning. Luckily I had a bit more energy this evening and it didn't take too much effort to get on the treadmill for a short 2 mile run.

I have to say the run wasn't the greatest. At the beginning I was struggling to get into a rhythm that felt good and I was teetering on the edge of a mild panic attack. My breathing felt a bit labored right off the bat and I had on my over the ear Bose headphones, which I normally prefer to wear during exercise, but every once in a while they contribute to the feelings that set off the panic attacks. However, I didn't give into those feelings. I've learned over time that the more I give into the early hints of a panic attack, the more I actually have. I'm better off riding it out and trying to talk myself down before it actually happens, which I can do about 90-95%% of the time now.

So, I opted to take a quick little break to switch out my headphones for my airpods and to get myself a piece of gum, both of which instantly helped and I was fine the rest of the run. I settled in and was able to finish the rest of the 2 miles.

I've also still been thinking about what I want to do to try to get into some sort of a running routine and I came across this. I'm thinking about maybe singing up to do it and only counting my running miles toward the 50 mile goal. I'm just trying to get a week or two of running under my belt to see what kind of a time frame might be reasonable and how my knee(s) are going to hold up. (I did wear my knee brace on my left knee today and it felt fine when I was done. My right knee seemed slighly cranky about the whole thing but now it seems fine, too.) It does let you pick your start date, so I could pick the date of my first official run and go from there.

I'm also trying to decide if I am going to be disciplined enought to get the miles in if I just randomly run whenever I feel like it or if I need to come up with a 'training' schedule even if I'm not training for anything. I'm afraid that if I don't have a schedule to follow I'm not going to stick with running as consistantly as I would like.

Again, I think the splits are probably a bit off but it's what I have to go by so it is what it is:

No comments:

Post a Comment