Friday, February 24, 2006

I thought you guys were my friends!

When I came up with the idea to train for this event, why didn't someone remind me how old I am? Why didn't someone say to me, "Are you sure you want to do this? You aren't 18 any more, you know."? And I have the idea of running a full marathon parading around in the depths of my mind. What am I? Nuts? Since switching to the beginner training schedule, I have been having an easier time; however, I'm finding out that my max is about 5 miles before my knees start aching. So, the long runs are kicking my butt. I may have to start worshiping the founders of ibuprofen as my new personal heros. I can always quit and walk the half-marathon instead, right? If only. Those of you who know me well, know that would never be an option. I will use the same stubborn, bull-headed determination to get through this that has gotten me through every other important but difficult thing in my life. And that concludes week 11 of training; the race is 10 weeks from tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment