Thursday, February 16, 2006

Wind - Friend or Foe?

I can't believe how nice it is outside today! I ran in sweats and a t-shirt and I was still too warm. It felt good to not have on two layers of clothing along with a hat and gloves. Running in the winter often makes me feel like I'm that goofy kid who's mother dressed her in a snowsuit that is so big she can barely move, and if she falls over she'll never get back up. Of course, tomorrow it is supposed to take a turn for the colder, so it'll be back to the snowsuit. I couldn't decide if the wind was a good thing or a bad thing on today's run. It made it more challenging running into it, but at the same time it helped cool me off a little. And it sure felt nice when it was at my back helping to move me along. It started raining briefly at the beginning of my fourth mile, and I was a little worried it was going to be a long, wet last mile, but it stopped after a few seconds and I managed to escape getting drenched. I did forget my kleenex again, though. You'd think I'd learn by now! I have to say that fundraising for TNT has had added benefits that I didn't expect. I actually enjoy going out to my mailbox these days because I often find something other than bills! The number of donations and kind letters of encouragement never cease to surprise me. Fundraising: $25 donated - Thanks Frank & Vera!

No comments:

Post a Comment