Tuesday, February 7, 2006

M&M's & Running are a bad combo!

I've been trying to decide which training schedule to follow: the beginner or the intermediate. I've been following the intermediate schedule for the past few weeks, and I think it is a little too advanced for me. Every run ends up feeling like a major workout and I've stopped looking forward to running. It's a little early in the game for that, so I decided I better ease up. So, I'm going to follow the beginner schedule. That schedule is probably too easy for me as far as the distances go, but the decreased mileage may allow me to work on my speed a little. I gained some very valuable knowledge this evening - Don' t eat 1/2 lb. of M&M's an hour before you run! They sit like a lead weight in your stomach and make you want to vomit. I should know better. I sat down with the bag, and one turned into two, which turned into a handful, which turned into half the bag. Ugh! Fundraising: $50 donated - Thanks Dr. Spink & Uncle Carl!

No comments:

Post a Comment