Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Pleasantly Surprised

I'm pretty freaking excited to report that last night's venture back to Bikram Yoga ended up being a very pleasant experience.

Well, as pleasant as Bikram Yoga can be.

I expected to get my butt kicked much worse than I did.  I'm not claiming it was easy, or that I didn't have to sit down a few times.  And I'm not even going to pretend that I didn't keep toppling over during the balancing poses.  But I didn't think I was about to die a single time, and for my first time back in 2 years, that's HUGE.

I was also pleasantly surprised by the other individuals in the class last night.  I am going to the same yoga studio, and the same class time, as the last time I did Bikram.  Before there was a group of women there that seemed very cliquey, and very in shape, and very seasoned at Bikram.  Quite frankly, they were a bit intimidating.  This time all of the others in the class seemed more 'real' and a lot of them seemed like newbies.  It was a good vibe.  I'm hoping that is typical for the students who are now attending the class, as it is the one that works with my schedule.

I'm excited it turned out even better than expected, and I'm looking forward to our next class tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment