Monday, May 20, 2013

Wind Cave Trail Hike

I hiked The Usery Mountain Wind Cave Trail on Saturday. It's a 3.2 mile hike, with a 800 ft elevation gain. And it just about killed me.

I honestly don't love hiking. It's not that I don't think I could get into hiking, per se. I'm just so darn out of shape right now that the climbing just about does me in. By the time I get to the top of the trail I'm gasping for breath and my heart feels like it's going to explode out of my chest. Says the girl who just signed up to run a marathon in the hilliest place on the planet.

I do think the hiking is great cross training, and I'd like to continue to hike regularly, I just wish I could find some hikes close to home that are more of a beginner level so I didn't feel like I'm about to die every time I go. 

In other news, I received my first donation yesterday! YIPPEE! Fundraising: $100 donated - Thanks, Lisa!! :)

2 comments:

  1. I lovvveeeee hiking! Probably more than running, sadly. There are some great scenic hikes that won't murder you - check out Dreamy Draw recreational center sometime! It's off the 51 and Northern(ish).

    ReplyDelete
  2. We drove by Usery Park when we left in April. I would like to hike there next Feb./March but not that much elevation! It looked like a nice area to hike. It will get easier. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete