Friday, May 17, 2013

Playing Catch Up

I just thought I'd play at a little catch up and update the old blog with this week's runs.

Tuesday
This was my first official training run, and my super beginner scheduled called for 1 mile.  I decided to be an overachiever and went 1.25, but don't get used to that or anything.

Splits:
Mile 1 11:45
Mile .25 2:55

Thursday
My plan was to get up early and get Thursday's 1 mile run out of the way first thing in the morning, but for some insane reason I randomly woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't get back to sleep the night before.  So, by the time I did crash out again and wake back up that morning run idea was nothing but a distant memory.  No biggie - I'll just do it in the evening.  Until I remembered that I had a photo session on my schedule.  Whoops. Which meant I had to crank out the run in the mid-afternoon 100 degree heat.  I was dreading it, but it honesty wasn't as bad as I was expecting.  That being said, I stuck to my 1 mile and got it done as fast as I could. Lack of time is an excellent motivator.

Split:
Mile 1 10:37

Friday
Today was supposed to be a rest day, but I wanted to sneak in a Saturday morning hike tomorrow, so I did this weeks "long" run today instead of tomorrow.  In a few short weeks I am going to be longingly looking back at this week's mileage!

Splits:
Mile 1  11:46
Mile 2  11:39

As I look at the splits from past runs, and splits from the past week of training, it is insane how I've picked right back up at the. exact. same. place.  I am nothing if not consistent.

Tomorrow will be a little cross training via hiking and Sunday will be my last 1 miler before this shit gets real.

No comments:

Post a Comment