Saturday, October 28, 2023

Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk

This morning I walked in the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk in memory of one of my closest friends who passed away from breast cancer last summer. Today would have been her 49th birthday and walking today felt like a great way to honor and remember her.

Our birthdays were about a month apart and we always used to go out to dinner in between the two dates to celebrate every year. It's been really hard not being able to do that the past 2 years. It's also been difficult with each year older I get knowing that I'm living into a future that she never got to have.

She left behind a young daughter, parents, siblings, and so many friends. She had a charismatic personality that just drew everyone into her sphere, and she had the most infectious laugh. I think that's what I miss the most. Hearing her laugh.

Her mom put together a team of Kim's family and friends and together we raised $3760.00. Not too shabby!

The walk was a good experience but at the same time it was heartbreaking. The number of people whose lives have been touched by breast cancer is astounding.

I took a lot of photos at the walk, but our whole group was never together at the same time, so unfortunately we never got a complete team photo. Here are some of my favorites from the day:



There was talk about making this an annual event, which would be a great way to continue honoring Kim!

No comments:

Post a Comment