Sunday, March 29, 2020

Weekly Workout Recap: 3/23/2020 - 3/29/2020

I finally feel like I found my workout mojo again after being off kilter ever since the gym closed.  While the only running I did this week was when I ran my virtual race (mostly because of concern over my calf, which is still sore and bothering me quite a bit when I try to do certain things), I feel like I got decent exercise all week.

Overall, I just felt good about where I was this week, which was a welcome change from the previous two.

Here is this week's Recap...

Workouts:

Monday
3.3 mile walk, along the same route I did for the Women's Day Virtual 5K

Tuesday
I Run 4 Rescues Virtual 5K Race

Wednesday
1.5 mile easy walk

My calf was still bother me quite a bit post race and I wanted to take it easy, while still getting a little movement in and testing things out to see if walking would help stretch the calf out any.

Thursday
3.3 mile walk, along the same route I did for the Women's Day Virtual 5K

Again the calf was bothering me some, but definitely better.

Friday
Half an hour of the Just Dance 2020 Game for the Nintendo Switch

Saturday
Leg Workout

I braved Walmart for some supplies, and while I was there I bought myself some light ankle weights.  I came home and did a half an hour of leg exercises using the weights.

Sunday
9.25 mile bike ride, along the canal where I ran my race on Tuesday.



I stopped along the way to take a photo of one of the ducks that calls the canal it's home...



I had been considering buying myself an inexpensive bike but just hadn't done it yet.  With everything that is going on, I thought maybe it was time to do so.  I have to say I really enjoyed the ride a lot and am looking forward to the next one.  It did feel like a HUGE splurge spending the money when finances are so uncertain, but I guess if I'm going to be off work I'd rather be spending the time doing things that are healthy for me instead of sitting in front of the TV or the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment